Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Finishing the strongback

First I ripped some leftovers from the base and vertical to get the cleats.  These cleats were put on the base and subsequently I fastened the vertical to the base. After adding the remaining cleats the job was finished.


The next thing is to mark the molds and cut them out.  Again an excercise in patience and accuracy.

For the molds I use 12 mm plywood.  The 244 x 122 sheet (6' x 4') was cut through the middle at the hardware store for transport reasons. So I have now 2 sheets 244 x 61.  On the first sheet I could prick out station 6 and 8. 


In his building notes Arch Davis indicates one 6' x 4' sheet for all the molds.  Apparently my nesting is not optimal as I use half the plywood for only 2 molds.
I will check by mail with Arch what I did do wrong.  After the fact of course.   I am a male  :-)

The first two molds are now cut with my nice DeWalt jigsaw.


Tomorrow I will try to finish the other molds.  Perhaps I will also put the cleats on but I don't want to haste.  My haste mode is often followed by my mistake mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment