Thursday, October 25, 2012

Painting the hull (2)

Yesterday I went up North to do some filling and painting of the hull.  After filling some dents yesterday afternoon todaynI did paint the hull for the third time.

To be honest yesterdays filling did not give the expected results.  This became obvious after the painting. The semi-gloss white paint shows any imperfection.

The filling did remove some imperfections but also added others......

I will leave it this way. If I have the courage I will sand the hull again next spring but now I want  to turn the hull to finalize the interior. When the boat is in the water only the fish will see.

Between filling, sanding and painting I had enough time to prepare the garden for the winter and tomorrow I will bring my motorboat to its winter storage.

It is now really end-of-season. The harbor next to my cottage is almost empty now and there are no boats on the water anymore . Expected temperature tomorrow around 10 degr C.

This is the first blog entry without pictures but another picture showing a painted hull would not excite anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment