Monday, January 28, 2013

Off topic activity

As I can not do much on the Peapod at the moment I have started to make another piece of furniture from the Rietveld book I mentioned in an earlier blog entry.

This time it is the "Steltman chair", designed for the interior of a jeweller's shop in the Hague in 1963.  It is just a test model made from some left over larch.

The picture is not very good because it is made with my IPad against the light.

This is the real chair as it should be.

The design  includes some mortise and tennons joints.  As I have bought a cheap (FERM) biscuit jointer I decided to use this tool for several joints.

Due to these joints it is not the easiest project but it is fun. 


If the end result is acceptable I intend to built a left and right handed pair in pine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment