Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cleaning the stems

Before my grandson arrived I tried to flush trim both stems on the router table. I was not satisfied with the result so I stopped and decided to do further trimming manually with a spokeshave and a blockplane.




In the mean time grandson Taeke came looking what his granddad was doing but shifted attention when grandma came with cookies.








For right positioning while gluing I had put screws through the stem halves.  As I had put these screws were they could be visible after bevelling (case of doing before thinking) I decided to plug the screw holes so I cut some plugs on my drillpress and glued them in the holes.






Tomorrow after curing we will see if we can make a nice flat surface.  The following step will be to mark the stems for bevelling and alligning.




No comments:

Post a Comment