Thursday, November 17, 2011

Not much progress

Not much progress the last two days.  Other priorities. 

Worked a bit on a side project. Had to laminate some mahogany and red cedar resulting in the normal epoxy mess. Outside it is between zero and 6 degrees C. Maybe slightly higher in my shed. So I had to bring it inside the house to cure. Maybe I should buy a hardener that cures at lower temperature.





I was planning to put the stringers and sheerstrake on the molds but had an itchy feeling about it so I checked the drawings and luckily found a mistake. 

As mentioned in an earlier blog entry I had ripped the sheerstrake under an angle.  Mistake! The angle is needed on the rubrails (outside of the planking) but not on the sheerstrake (inside of the planking). Just in time. So now I had to rip another board and plane it to the right thickness.

Present planning is to put the sheers and stringers on the molds tomorrow.  Let's hope there are no more surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment