Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Going up North

The last weeks nothing much was done on the Peapod but completing the varnishing of the rudder, tiller and dagger board. Furthermore the daggerboard stop was finalized and epoxied.

At last I will go up North later today to start varnishing the outside of the hull.

My aim is to get three layers of clear varnish on the sheerstrake.  As I have to drive back somewhere Thursday morning I will have to cut the curing time per layer from 24 hours to 21 hours. Hopefully that is within the margins of the process parameters.

I also plan to go to one of my suppliers up North for oars and rudder hardware.

Next blog entry planned for Thursday or Friday.

1 comment:

  1. As long as it is not too cold, 21 hours cure should be enough. They use the number '24' because it fits so nicely into a day, not because that is exactly the right amount of time.....
    And they build in a bit extra, to reduce the probability of complaints due to insufficient cure to (almost) zero!

    ReplyDelete