Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Buying Wood

This morning I went to the "Arnhemse Fijnhouthandel" (Arnhem Specialty Woods) to get the solid wood and ply for the Peapod.  Just an hour driving from my home.




AF staffmember Ton Hendrikx was very helpfull in finding the right pieces of 20 mm Western Red Cedar. I bought 2 pieces 252 x 4250 mm and 3 pieces of 292 x 3650 mm.  These are all net dimensions. Later I will need some extra wood for thwarts, seats and seatbeams but for the moment this was enough monetary outlay and weight to transport on the roof of my car. I also bought 3 sheets of best quality 4 mm Okoume ply which were cut in smaller width as per my specification.  Let's hope I specified right.... 


It was a puzzle to get the wood in my shed. To finalize the working day I pricked out the fwd and aft stem on the wood and will cut them tomorrow with the jigsaw.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment