Thursday, November 3, 2011

Router table

Today I tried to construct a router table. Not a very fancy one but at least one to flush trim the stems. Issue with a router table is always the way to adjust the height of the router bit.  My router is a cheap one and the movement of the base to adjust the height is not easy and that is an understatement.  As a fancy heightadjustmentmechanism ( triple score with Scrabble?) is not an option I did it the crude way with a piece of wood clamped below the router and some blocks between to get to the right height.  Good enough for the flush trim.

For rounding the sheerstrakes in the future I will have to make some adjustments.



Looking forward to the Classic Boat show tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. heightadjustmentmechanism?
    Sorry, in the Enlish language (other than in Dutch and especially German), words like that are split: height adustment mechanism. Easier to read, but less attractive for Scrabble, I am afraid!

    ReplyDelete