Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Wood Cut

Today I cut the first piece of western red cedar with my jigsaw.  All four stems that were pricked out yesterday came out nice.  My shed was filled with the smell of cedar. And of course a lot of fine wood dust that I put into as glass jar for future use as a color filler for epoxy.


Four stems with a double ender?  Yes, that is correct. Both the forward and the aft stem are made of two pieces of 20 mm glued together to get a 40 mm stem. One of each I cut out as accurate as possible.


The other half will be made to the right shape on the router table after they are glued together with epoxy. The only slight problem is that I have a router but not a router table so I will try to construct one. Nice job for tomorrow.

Friday I will go to the Dutch Classic Boat show in Enkhuizen and on the way back I will get a few tins of epoxy in Amsterdam.

One of the stem halfs I put on the jig just for fun.  Start to look like something isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment