Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back in the shed

Yesterday I did most of the outstanding tasks in the garden.

As can be seen the lawn was cut to perfection....

So now back to the real work.

With scraper, chisel and a lot of elbow grease I continued cleaning the inside.

Be sure when building the next boat I will clean better before the epoxy has cured.

In the process I decided that cleaning could be a little less thourough under the seats and thwart.

Not the right attitude I know but sometimes you need to be practical.

While cleaning I noticed that the screws in the blocks for the oarlocks where not yet bunged,

As I had a little bit of 5 minute epoxy left this job was done swiftly.

Tomorrow I have other engagements but I hope that Tuesday some serious sanding can be done to prepare the inside for priming en several layers of epoxy.

As I want to put floaters under the seats I also have to install cleats for that.

It is almost time for the fun part of making the seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment