Friday, June 22, 2012

Front seat

I tried to contact my local supplier for some more Red Cedar.  Alas, he is on holidays.

Monday I am close to Arnhem and will make a stop at my favorite wood supplier for the wood.

The inner two planks of the front seat were not to my liking. The gaps between the planks were too wide so I re did them. Just enough wood left.

After some finetuning I made a dry fit with screws to the seat beams, the mast partner and a floating beam to keep everything together.

Also from another perspective not bad at all!  The hole in the seat and mast partner already cut to size.


Next step was using the router table to make a nice round edge on the seat.

My plan is to screw the seat planks and not glue them to the beams.


The screw head will be covered by bungs so I used my drill press to make nice 8 mm holes for the bungs.

Curved sides of the planks is a nice detail.

The coming days there will not be much work done on the boat due to other activities.  So I hope on Tuesday I have the wood for the thwart so I can continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment