Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Epoxy

My youngest daughter could pick up the epoxy, varnish and paint in Amsterdam so I am hopefully stocked for a few layers. I am not sure I have enough because I don't really know how much I will use  :-)

Last Friday we got the key for our new home so we went there for the weekend to start familarization.  Now a few days back in the North for other things like boatbuilding.

I finalized the seats, sanded the inside of the boat and put on the first layer epoxy.  Also the flotation cleats were epoxied.

Tomorrow morning I will put in the flotation cleats with screw and maybe give part of the seats their first coat of epoxy.

Tomorrow afternoon I am going back to the new house.

Perhaps coming Tuesday progress again. Plan is to put two additional layers of epoxy on the inside.  The second layer can be applied when the the first is "sticky".

Next steps will be futher coating of the seats and cutting the flotation devices out of styrofoam.

When all epoxy is done it is time to put the paint and varnish inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment