Friday, January 13, 2012

Additional epoxy and ply

I am now two days in the north of Holland at my holiday home to prepare it for an extended stay after we move from our house that we have sold.

Major item this time is to get a good working internet connection. During holidays that is of minor importance but for "normal" life it is essential nowadays.

Yesterday someone from the phone company came to check things out and today other people come to dig and get a line in.  People that look cannot dig.  :-)

So yesterday afternoon I had some waiting time and decided to drive to "de Bootbouwer" (www.bootbouwer.nl).  That is guy some 45 minutes driving from my holiday home living in farm country, no sailable water close, who has an excellent stock of plans, tools and other material for boatbuilding.

Besides having a broad stock of goodies he also is willing to sell ply per half sheet.
So I acquired half a sheet of 4 mm ply and some epoxy and hardener.
After a chat and a cup of coffee I drove back knowing I could continue to work on the Peapod in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment