Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

After all the New Year celebrations I picked up working on the Peapod.  I did the fitting of the short part of the third plank.

The nice thing of the stringer system is that you can use the stringers to mark the outlines of the plank.

Bit easier than spiling using a compass.

Aterwards I cut the plank almost to the right size with the jigsaw.







As you can see on the picture there is hardly any banana shape anymore.

In the vise I cut the sides to measure using a spoke shave while smoothing out the lines.





 I have copied both parts of the plank on a piece of plywood so fitting the parallel plank is much easier.

Next step is to make the scarf.




Followed by gluing the plank on the boat.

Messy as ever.  After gluing on the other third plank hopefully tomorrow or Thursday I will put in a cleaning day to once more remove excess epoxy from the outside  of the hull.

But first finishing bevelling the other side, cutting the gains and jigsawing the other plank parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment