Monday, January 23, 2012

An epoxy afternoon

Back from the North I first glued on the second part of the last 4th plank.
So now I can state  "the fourth plank is on". 

I continued to glue on the long part of the first sheer strake.  After I put the epoxied plank on the epoxied stringers and started to screw it on I noticed halfway that the plank was sitting to high as part of the sheer stringer was showing.

I had to unscrew most of the plank to get it right.  Messy affair.

As the ambient temperature is not bad I can run my electric space heater on only 600 Watt to keep the temperature at around 14 degree C.  The mid term weather forecast gives below zero around the weekend so a good incentive to finish the rest of the sheerstrakes before that.

I do not show a picture because I think everyone is fed up by basically the same sort of pic every time  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment