Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Laminating the stem facings (2)

As the mahogany test lamination was a disaster my plan was to remake them in red cedar.

I first checked and improved the jig.

My plan stopped there as I had to rip the red cedar but due to the length of the wood that has to be done al fresco. 

Of course it started to rain so no ripping at the moment.

Therefore I continued cleaning my garden tools storage because we are moving out March 27.  Two trips to the dump were the result.  When you live for 20 years in a house you start to collect a lot of things  "you could be needing in the future" but you almost never do and it is going to the dump when you leave.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean by 'could be needing in the future'. We now try to turf things out when we have not needed them for 5 years. I say 'try', because we are not always successful! And there is no reason for 5 years, as opposed to 3 or 8 for instance.....

    ReplyDelete