Saturday, December 10, 2011

The second garboard is on

Today all fog in my head caused by the flu had gone.  Or were it caused by yesterdays "healthy" epoxy fumes?  Anyhow it was a nice day to get some progress.

The fitting of the second garboard went relatively smooth as I had copied the outlines of the first garboard before putting them on.

Still some fine tuning to do as apparently both garboards are not 100% identical.  How come?  :-)

Clamping the scarf of the second garboard proofed to be a little complicated.

The way I did the clamping on the first plank could not be used for the second as the other plank was blocking the clamp.

I used a windlass contraption to get pressure on the scarf.  For the next planks I have to think of something less complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment