Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finishing the molds

Arch gave a very prompt reply on my nesting question. (see yesterdays post)
And of course, it was no problem at all. With one of the molds upside down it did fit on the remaining ply sheet. 


These molds 2, 4 and 10 were cut out.  Next I have ripped a bit more wood to get extra cleats for the molds.   After putting the cleats on the first mold I realized that I forgot to bring the mark for the stringers and risers from the top to the side of the mold. So now the cleats are hiding the marks. Will do the marking later based on the fullsize drawings of this mold.  Two others were done right. Learning by doing.



Still two molds to be cleated.  There will be no progress the coming days as I have other things to attend to. Beginning next week the remaining molds will be finished and I will start my search for the right wood for stems, keel and stringers.  Primarily I will look for White Pine (Weymouth in Europe) but I haven't found yet the right width and length.

No comments:

Post a Comment