Sunday, May 6, 2012

Finishing some details

First I want to show a photo my wife made a few days ago very early in the morning. From our home looking over the water.  No wind and foggy.  It looks like a painting from the Frysian painter Willem van Althuis.( www.willemvanalthuis.nl)

That is the environment we have to live at the moment. It is a dirty job, someone has to do it....







Today I painted the carved letters on the badges white. Bit dificult to see on the picture. When the paint is sufficiently dry tomorrow I will sand the badges as to make the letters "sharp" again.

Later the badges will be glued on the boat.




Also I glued in the final three floorboards using the "5 minute epoxy" for positioning. The last one gave some problems as the edges of the floorboard did not stay tight on the skin.  I finally decided to put my stationary sander on the floorboard to press it down but I don't think I succeeded all around.  Let's see tomorrow.

My plan is to very soon turn the boat again to place the keel and to seal the outside of the hull in epoxy.  I am a bit tired of cleaning the inside.  Maybe first doing the outside gives inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment