Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More epoxy layers

The last few days were filled with other activities. The most important being of course the second birthday of grandson Taeke.

Also I started as volunteer with a Dutch nature conservation trust for the maintenance of a nice estate they own in the neigbourhood of my future house.

One morning a week as unskilled laborer...
Fits in quite nicely with my boatbuilding skills  :-)

After some more sanding at last I put on the first coat of epoxy on top of the primer layer.  The weather is at the moment very sunny with temperatures above 25 C.

My boat shed is black so it is almost a sauna there now. Will see whether that has effect on the curing of the epoxy.


Tomorrow afternoon perhaps some light sanding and another coat of epoxy. 

If the weather remains the same there will be no sanding.  Too hot.




In the mean time we are preparing our holiday trip to the German Wad with our 26 ft Pilot.  Not a wooden boat I have to admit. Sometimes you have to be realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment