Monday, April 9, 2012

An amazing day

Today I planned to start again on the Maine Peapod. The junk from my previous workshop has been somewhat distributed around the boathouse at my holiday home to get working space.  Furthermore I did made countermolds for the stations #4 and #8 as boat rests.

My wife helped me to turn the hull and place it on the countermolds.




The previous weeks I have done some minor work on my Galloway Faering (an Iain Oughtred design).  You can see it on this picture to the right side.

I removed the aft thwart and replaced it by an oak bar with a mahogany backrest.  The original back thwart was too wobbly for me and I like to sit on the floors when I am sailing. Don't think Iain would approve but I have to use it....


After lunch the phone rang. Our "middle"  daughter (we got three) called to tell us that her baby daughter was born.  That was very good news and we dropped all things, got out of working cloth into somewhat more clean, put the dogs in the back of the car and drove the 2 hours to Delft at max. speed.

This  "Madonna with Grandchild"  tells it all. We are extremely happy with our second grandchild named  Yfke Sophie.




Of course the Baby Tender I made for her firstborn was ready to receive number 2.  This mini boat is made from poplar riveted on oak with a mahogony transom. Design of this 45'' Cradle Boat is from Warren Jordan from Oregon USA. http://www.jordanwoodboats.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment