Thursday, April 26, 2012

Corrective Action Daggerboard

Yesterday the handle part of the daggerboard-to-be broke of and I had an idea for a corrective action.

This morning after a good night sleep I was not so sure anymore about my plan. After a bit of browsing in several boat building books I got a different idea.


I made two identical pieces mahogany to cover the handle area.


Next step was to glue one mahogany part to the daggerboard and put the broken parts in the right place.

After that I glued the other side on. Clamping was done with screws.

After the glue has set I will clean up the mess and make a nice top side. After that I will decide whether I leave it like that or glue a better "handle" on both sides.

Something for tomorrow.

As you may have noticed the Peapod was sitting rather high on the saw horses.  A little bit of back breaking when working on the inside.

Now I am close to cutting the daggerboard slot in the keel I decided to cut 30 cm from the legs of the saw horses.

Stupid I did not do that earlier in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment