Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mast step

This morning I woke up with the brain wave that I had not yet made a mast step for my Peapod.  For the mast step the forward stem should be reinforced. Therefore it had been better for me to do that before planking. In that stage the reinforcement pieces could have been bevelled to the right shape to receive the planking.

Now  I made two pieces of red cedar and sculped them to fit against both sides of the stem. As the fit with the inside of the garboard could not be perfect I installed them with an overdose of epoxy.

Additional I epoxied a piece of red cedar on top of the stem and reinforcement pieces. Later I will drill a 32 mm hole where the mast foot should come.

Next tasks will be gluing the aft breasthook and further cleaning the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment