Monday, April 16, 2012

First seat beam

First I glued the aft breasthook in place and did some cleaning of the inside of the boat. Cleaning the excess epoxy is a tedious job so I started with the first seat beam for the bow side.

Luckily I could rip a beam from a piece of wood left over from making the stem. This beam needs some nasty compound bevels.  I could not get an exact fit and in the end decided to let Dr. Epoxy cure the problem.  I did a screw through the beam at both sides into the stringer for positioning during setting of the glue.

The first saddle was put in made from 4mm ply. That was a good moment to stop before I made to many mistakes.

Tomorrow I am to a reunion type of meeting 2 1/2 hours driving from my present location so no workday tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment