Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Next few seat beams

I am getting a little better in making the compound bevels needed for the good fit of the seatbeams.

Four seat beams are in place now. Only one of them has already the saddles in place to reinforce the joint.

Fitting is somewhat of an epoxy fete but I don't care. Cleaning the inside has to  be done anyhow. Better to use too much than not enough.

Tomorrow I want to install most of the remaining beams and place the saddles at the beams where the epoxy has cured.

After that there will be sufficient stiffness in the hull to get the molds out.

Tonight I will go to a course for the WINGPS 5 navigation planning software I am using (www.stentec.com). At the end of May we will go to the German part of the Wadden Sea with friends where due to the tides good trip planning is important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment