Saturday, April 28, 2012

A rainy day

As forecasted it was a rainy day.  My turn to give the dogs the long morning walk. It drizzeld when I started but soon it stop drizzling .......   After an hour I came home rather soaked. So all my plans to start working on the boat were suspended to get dry again.

I looked on the web for the right profile for the daggerboard and found some serious aerodynamics or rather hydrodynamics. Although I am not sure it will make any difference on the Peapod I wrote down the basics of a apparently fast design. The big question of course is: will I be able to create the right foil shape.

Later today I went to the shop and although the temperature was a bit low for epoxy work I did glue the grips to the daggerboard. Still some sculpting to do of course.

Furthermore I removed the positioning screws from the rub rails and plugged them with bungs.

Also most of the remaining epoxy squeeze out from the rail was removed by scraping and sanding.



I did not put an extra epoxy coat on the inside of the daggerboard trunk as I was not sure enough the first coat was cured enough in view of the temperature.

Tomorrow maybe gluing the other rubrail and putting another coat on the inside of the daggerboard trunk.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment