Monday, April 23, 2012

Finalized the beams

Today I started with cleaning the section where the beams for the side seats are coming. When those beams are in it is slightly more difficult to clean.

Cleaning was tedious. Also I found the end of a screw that came through the inside of a stringer. With a Dremel like tool (aquired for 10% of the price of a Dremel) I could get rid of the screw end.

On the table saw I ripped the two side beams and notched the in the cross beams. I kept the side beams to long because these are easy to cut to the right length when in place. Did not want to take the risk of cutting them too short. I know my capabilities too well  :-)   After that epoxied them in and also epoxied two additional saddles.  Only two saddles to go at the stern. 

Tomorrow more cleaning followed by more cleaning.   Now I will go through the drawing package again to see whether I forgot something.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are going to launch this boat on 1 may, like you did the previous one last year, but it looks like you are making excellent progress! We look forward to see the almost finished product when we meet towards the end of next month.

    ReplyDelete